Personal insurance is a type of insurance that places a value on human life against the risks of disability, death, injuries or an illness. Many people choose this type of coverage so they can make sure they will have the money they need, should they become incapacitated and unable to work. Others choose these types of insurance for the death benefit the coverage offers to their family. With this information, individuals will discover more about their options for Personal Insurance in Wellington.
Five Types of Personal Insurance
There are five main types of personal insurance and it is vital individuals understand these types so they can make sure they purchase the insurance coverage they need. For those searching for Personal Insurance in Wellington, it is wise to meet with an agent to discuss the needs of the person so the right level and type of coverage can be purchased.
- Disability insurance provides a monthly sum to help a person maintain their standard of living if they can no longer work due to an illness or injury.
- Critical illness insurance provides a lump-sum amount when a person is diagnosed with a serious illness, such as cancer or a massive heart attack.
- Life insurance provides a lump-sum payment to the designated beneficiary upon a person’s death.
- Long-term care insurance provides cash payments, should a person need in-home medical care or care in a facility.
- Health insurance covers a portion of a person’s medical bills, typically with a deductible paid by the person being covered by the insurance.
Meeting With an Agent
Those who are in need of personal insurance are urged to meet with an insurance agent so they can be sure they are purchasing the right type of coverage for their needs. Meeting with an agent will allow a person to learn more about the above options.
To learn more about personal insurance, visit They offer a wide array of insurance coverage options to help individuals purchase the coverage they need. Call them today if you would like to schedule an appointment to get started. They will guide you through the entire process of making the right purchase.